Are exhibitions a big part of your marketing plan? Whether it’s a small show or major industry event, an exhibition stand can be a great way to generate new leads.
Exhibition stand marketing is all about results, like any form of marketing. Your aim is to increase exposure and attract as many people as possible. That way, you have more chance of walking away with some new leads. But how do you make sure that your exhibition stands out from the crowd? Try some of the tactics and creative ways we’ve listed below to make your exhibition a success!
Engage People With A Contest
One of the best ways to encourage more people to head towards your exhibition stand is to run a contest. The aim of a contest needs to be to collect key information. Avoid long forms that are time-consuming and unappealing. Instead, think about what you need to know at this stage. Your goal here is to be able to follow up, add the individual to your marketing database and let them know if they have won. Keep it simple to attract as many entrants as possible.
You don’t have to have a huge budget to make a giveaway a success at your exhibition stand. You could even partner up with a second business to offer something bigger and better.
There are plenty of ideas for what you could have in a giveaway. Remember your offering needs to be enticing and relevant. Think outside of the box – what would you like to receive in exchange for sharing your information? Pick something reflective of your company that’s also memorable, useful and unique.
TOP TIP: Utilise social media to raise awareness of your contest. Exhibition attendees will often use an event hashtag or look to see what’s on before arriving. Talk about your contest before the exhibition and share photos during it. You might even get a retweet from the host or others there!
Give People What They Won’t Expect
You want to make sure that people are talking about your exhibition and recommending it. To make this happen, it’s important to think about what you could offer that’s unexpected.
You could go for the latest technology, like augmented or virtual reality. You could surprise attendees by taking an old-school route that evokes memories. Knowing your audience will help you to break the mould of usual exhibition stands. What problems can you solve for them? What makes your company different? Put yourself in their shoes as an attendee – what would draw them in and what would turn them away?
It’s all about creating an unforgettable experience. Step away from the traditional view of exhibition stands. Think big but stay true to your business. If your exhibition team enjoy being a part of it, your potential leads will too.
Give People A Place To Recharge Their Batteries
Exhibitions are often tiring for both attendees and exhibitors. Walking around and interacting with different people can be exhausting and overwhelming. Sometimes, you and attendees will be there for more than one day.
So instead of being another exhibition stand, why not give people a place to come and relax? Here are 5 of our favourite ways to revitalise individuals and draw attention to your brand:
- Hire massage chairs (or the latest massage products) – a few moments to yourself at a busy event = HEAVEN! Break the ice by asking the individual after they’ve used this how they feel. You can then lead into finding out more about them.
- Create a stylish lounge area. Boho-chic cushion floor seating and ambient lighting/music opens guests up to conversation. It puts them at ease and can create a more natural atmosphere for you to engage with potential leads.
- Opt for a luxe bar. Specialise in a couple of options to keep costs down and audience niche. (Hint: Prosecco and Gin are popular choices right now)! A lot of great discussions and introductions happen over drinks, so make this a lavish/quirky place to be.
- Add charging stations and free WiFi. While people are on their devices, why not inspire them to connect with your company on social media?
- Set up a challenge – the trickier the better! No matter the demographic, we all love a challenge. Get people moving and/or thinking. Keep them wanting to have another go. This is a great way to leave a lasting impression as they won’t stop thinking about it!
Make It Small And Personal
Carrying out competitor research is a great way to make your exhibition stand out from the crowd. Take a look and see what your competitors latest exhibition looked like. Was it impressive and flashy? Or was it more approachable and reserved? Be different and focus on what your competitors aren’t doing. This will be a great way to attract attendees.
Quality over quantity is key when it comes to conversations and relationships. It’s important to come across as personable, to listen and to care. Have your best team front your company at this event – they will make all the difference to your exhibition stand.
If you’re ready to make sure your next exhibition is a success, you can find reviewed and rated exhibition experts on Eventerprise.com!