Intern at Eventerprise
Be a star in creating a more connected events world.
Cape Town Internships
As a start-up, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that starting out is hard work! That’s why we understand the predicament of students and recent graduates trying to break into the world of work. For that reason (and because you keep us young, fresh and on our toes) our Cape Town office now offers a formal internship program.
Let's get connected
- Are you one of those restless types who breaks out in a sweat when the semester break is looming?
- Is your ideal summer one of opportunity and experience, rather than a package holiday and sunstroke?
- Do you devour the articles on Entrepreneur.com daily?
- Are you fastidious in keeping abreast of technological updates?
- Does the Silicon Cape sound a little more appealing than the Silicon Roundabout?*
- Has the prospect of conforming to a staid corporate culture left you questioning your career trajectory?
- Did you look on in awe when House of Card’s Zoe Barnes sunk back into a beanbag chair to write another salacious piece?
- Would you pick a hoodie and “cons” over a suit as your office attire of choice?
Okay, so, we don’t have beanbag chairs (yet). But, if you answered yes to any of the above, then let us connect you to a brighter future, with an Internship at Eventerprise. Rather than photocopying and filing, this is a chance to gain real experience in a start-up on the verge of greatness. Our team is innovative and receptive. Our product is transforming the global events industry. And, now that we’re gaining momentum, we need driven interns to help our online portal, and fabulous event suppliers, reach their ultimate potential.
We may be a tech start-up, but our focus is multi-faceted, our product can't shine without a little help from its friends. As such, we are looking for interns in the following areas:
Apparently, entrepreneurs spend 20% of their time sourcing top talent, and we’re after the best of the best. Of course, there’s more than recruitment to delve into, as we look at policy, procedures and how staffing would work for our international expansion.
From web design, to functionality, we are looking for people to help our existing IT Team provide the best user interface possible and help create an innovative platform that will disrupt the events industry.
Social Media/Marketing & Content
Business 2015 and beyond is all about content, and we’re looking for talented individuals who can produce and share that content. We’re also looking for people with fresh ideas on market activation.
You will be representing the brand professionally, and supporting the sales team by assisting with various projects and objectives. The major goal will be to assist in increasing sales revenue through administrative support of the team and dealing with customer queries.
We also have an ongoing need for graphic design talent, and are keen to have a positive Corporate Social Responsibility project at the core of our business. Should you have skills in these areas, please do let us know. Alternatively, perhaps you’re an entrepreneur who sees a gap in what we’re doing, and believe you’ve got something special to bring to the table? We’re bold and on the side of the Eventerprising, so let us know where you think you can deliver a little extra to Eventerprise.
What we offer
- If you’re coming from afar, we’ll be at the airport to welcome you with open arms, and maybe even some biltong.
- Accommodation and transport once in Cape Town will be your responsibility, though we will provide you with guidance and assistance as necessary. Being an events expert, we will also ensure that you have access to the best places to wine, dine and vacation in the Mother City
- At the office, you will have a mentor to look after you and will be greeted with an induction.
- We must stress from the outset that these internships are unpaid; we trade on our experience and dedication.
A further and more comprehensive information package will be provided to successful applicants.
The Nitty Gritty
- Internships will run for 8-12 weeks.
- At this stage, we are accepting applications and interns at any time throughout the year, though this may change as demand increases.
- Our office is open from 9am to 6pm, though given the demands of the start-up environment, you may need to be available outside of these hours for special projects, pitches, or market activation events.
- It is up to you to ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay in Cape Town.