Head of Creative Content
We are about to unleash the Eventerprise platform on US soil for the first time. As we break new ground we are looking for a co-pilot to join our team as Head of Creative Content for an initial 3 month period*. She, yes SHE will oversee all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. She will be an expert in all things content and channel optimisation, brand consistency, segmentation and localisation, analytics and meaningful measurement.
If this is you (and we really mean you, not just sounds like the person you wish you were) consider this to be our make-or-break point: we’re looking for someone who can deliver and execute. Time and again. If that’s not you, you’re not for us. This role requires a pioneering mind, a founders empathy, a digital mindset in addition to possessing the ability to deliver great copy. It is an integral part to the business and if you want it to be yours, you must be outstanding.
You will collaborate across all departments from public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand and the story as interpreted by the customer.
The job is to ‘essentialise things’; to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new/existing business. Including:
- Ensuring all brand related content is on-point, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a prerequisite.
- The development of a functional content calendar or matrix throughout the verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, social and alternate media content writers, being an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional and non-traditional (out of the box) marketing campaigns.
- Conducting and report on ongoing usability tests and analytics to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervising those who do) and making recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and executing a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Working with technical team(s) to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrixes.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localisation/translation strategies.
- Participating in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Work closely with company Founders, COO and Head of Digital Marketing on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 6 – 8 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Cyfe, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, and so forth.
- Multilingual abilities (specifically German, Dutch) a major plus.
This role is our corporate storyteller who must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist, one who has a nose for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the position retains an outsider’s perspective, much like that of a journalist.)
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Having a current Social DNA is a plus.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24-hour project cycle-utilising teams or remote contractors in other countries.
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Incredible people skills.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint).
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organised indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships. Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesperson and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls and trade shows.
- Personal Attributes
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to focus on priority tasks.
- Strong sense of responsibility and proven ability to work with a team.
- Confident, optimistic, and resilient.
- An overachiever: high personal expectations and performance standards, a winning attitude, and always driven to accomplish goals.
- An ability to squeeze hours out of minutes and weeks out of days.
- Knowledge of the events industry and of subscription delivery methods.
If you have read to this point you’re doing well. This job is not for everyone or even most people. We’re looking for someone who has a mind for always doing things differently (defining the trend, as opposed to chasing it), who loves the power of narrative, and who can still keep up with multiple initiatives, on multiple platforms while, in most cases, being actually responsible for their development and rollout. If this is you, then Eventerprise could be your next chapter, oh and there’s more on offer if and when we meet you.
To learn more about how we’re revolutionizing the world of events, visit us here.