We are looking for a freelance web copywriter to help us delight users of our global events platform with first-class user experiences.
Your mission: to Write, 100% unique Google loving, short micro copy content around events which bridges the emotion (narrative) and the description (function) of a product or service. Each piece will be unique to a function, will be SEO optimized, in English and focussed towards a female (25-40 age) US audience.
This is an opportunity to showcase your skills in a global arena in conjunction with a trailblazing team.
- Write clear, concise, engaging, SEO optimized copy that guides users within a digital product and helps them interact with it, including micro-copy, UI labels, menu labels, buttons, headlines
- Ensure that all content is clear, well written, grammatically correct and factually accurate
- Maintain style standards, including grammar, usage, tone and branding
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to understand the requirements for new and existing features.
- Collaborate with design, product, business and marketing partners to influence page layout, visual design and produce a consistent end-to-end experience
- Understand target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals
- Demonstrate skilled problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and options to resolve problems.
- Maintain a finger on the pulse on everything the Web has to offer
- An exemplary work ethic and exacting attention to detail
- Superior writing, editing and researching skills
- 3-5 years professional experience in editing, preferably for digital products
- Consistent and intense attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of best SEO practices and tools and experience in keyword planning
- Collaborative, team-oriented and capable of building working relationships
- Ability to navigate conflicting priorities and opinions and effectively negotiate solutions
- Deep empathy with users, understanding that people will expect a humane, usable, and successful user experience as well as required functionality and features
- Solid understanding of information organization, user-centered design, and human-computer interaction
- Ability to own your copy, communicate your process and present your work to colleagues
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Word, Sheets, Slides
- Understanding of File Sharing Platforms (Google-Drive, Dropbox)
High-speed/reliable internet connection and personal laptop required for the role.